A not-so-sad desk lunch

Hummus bowl from Chickpea with rice, falafel, salad, pickles, dressing

The Tong Chong Street Market in Quarry Bay has been reopened for a while now, featuring different pop-up food trucks that change on a monthly basis. One day in July, I bought a hummus bowl from Chickpea for lunch.

In addition to hummus, the bowl included falafel, salad, pickles and rice. Everything was delicious; in particular, the hummus was super creamy and the rice was wonderfully seasoned with spices I couldn't quite identify (maybe cumin but also cinnamon or...?).

Compared to some other takeaway lunch options, the hummus bowl was a bit pricey at HK$80. But at least the portion was pretty generous. I couldn't eat everything in one sitting and saved some hummus to have with dinner.

I liked the hummus bowl so much, in fact, that I tried to go back another day. Sadly, the food trucks had changed and it wasn't there any more. But they do have a permanent location, which I may have to visit at some point!

Comments

Popular Posts