Pecan pie bars

 Rectangular glass baking dish containing pecan pie bars

At the end of November, we met up with some friends for a barbecue on their terrace. Although it wasn't a holiday celebration, it was very near Thanksgiving. So I thought it would be nice to take a somewhat festive dessert.

I knew I probably wouldn't make a pecan pie over the holidays, so it seemed like a good time to try pecan pie bars instead. The Betty Crocker recipe I found was pretty straightforward and turned out fairly well.

However, the crust was a bit too thick in my 8x11 pan. It would be better and slightly thinner in a 9x13 as called for. I think there could also be a bit more filling in general, but the bars were still pretty tasty. That said, I probably prefer real pecan pie, especially if someone else would make the pie crust!

Comments

Popular Posts