Hong Kong Christmas, take 2

 Wooden dining table full of serving dishes containing Christmas food

This year we spent our second Christmas in Hong Kong thanks to COVID-19. Instead of cooking everything for ourselves only (like last year), we had a small potluck with a few friends. They brought most of the veggies, including Brussels sprouts, cauliflower cheese, parsnips, roasted potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes.

As usual, I roasted a turkey breast and baked frozen meat stuffing and UK-style pigs in blankets from Marks & Spencer. David loves carrots, so I sautéed some and also made vegetarian stuffing balls from a box mix. 

The oven was full for several hours, so I made ham in the slow cooker for the first time. Instead of pineapple juice, I used Coke as the liquid. Then I only used mustard and balsamic vinegar in the glaze so it wasn't too sweet. As with the turkey, I added onion, carrots and celery for extra flavor. Surprisingly, I may have liked the ham the most!

White plate filled with Christmas dinner

Comments

Popular Posts