Confetti party cake

Round cake with white icing and rainbow sprinkles

Recently, I needed to make a dessert for a baby shower, but as usual, I decided to try something new rather than something I'd made before. I'd seen a recipe for confetti cupcakes on Smitten Kitchen earlier, which seemed very fitting for a celebratory gathering.

However, I don't have a regular-sized cupcake pan, so I followed the directions for making a cake instead. I also used half milk and half soy milk in the batter (so it wasn't fully vegan, but that wasn't a must anyway). I made regular frosting with butter and powdered sugar as well.

The cake turned out very well and tasted great. However, I think it could've baked even slightly longer (and it was already over the 25 minutes called for), as it was slightly doughy.

Next time, I also need to find another brand of sprinkles to put in the batter. Luckily the ones I used didn't leach their color into the cake. But a lot of them disintegrated, so there wasn't a true funfetti feel in the cake itself.  

Round vanilla cake with sprinkles

Comments

Popular Posts