Lovely lemon bars

Uncut lemon bars in a glass pan lined with parchment paper

When I was in high school, every Sunday after church there was a "coffee hour" in the fellowship hall. Each week different people would bring an assortment of treats, usually of a sweet variety, for people to snack on while mingling.

Lemon bars were one of the popular items that seemed to appear quite frequently. Although lemon isn't my favorite dessert flavor, I do love buttery, gooey lemon bars. 

I'd never tried to make lemon bars myself, perhaps because I often got to eat them at church or other functions. Now, however, they aren't something I can find easily. 

So, lemon bars from Sally's Baking Addiction seemed like a good baking project for a long Easter weekend in April. Sunny, lemony treats for the beautiful spring weather. They were pretty easy to make and turned out wonderfully. 

Although it's the traditional last step, I didn't bother to sprinkle powdered sugar on top, as the bars seemed sweet enough already. It would've made them a bit prettier; however, I also stored them in the fridge where the cold/moisture might've reduced the effect anyway.

Comments

Popular Posts