Low-sugar, passion fruit apple bread

Glass pan with apple bread cut into squares 

Recently, a friend asked if I had any recipes that were low in sugar or otherwise healthy. Except for these banana breakfast bars, I really don't. Though I often try to make desserts with oil instead of butter, it's usually because of the lower cost or ease of ingredients, not health reasons.

Nevertheless, finding a healthier dessert/baked treat of some kind felt like a challenge. So I decided to try this apple bread, which has very little sugar and fat. As usual, I made a few adjustments. I didn't have whole wheat flour or applesauce, so I used regular flour and the insides of two passion fruits instead.

The bread turned out very well, though it baked faster in my glass 8x11-inch pan. My only complaint was that it seemed to go moldy quite quickly, perhaps because of the big chunks of apples. Next time, I'll put it in the fridge right away.

Comments

Popular Posts