A taste of Africa in Hong Kong


This summer I was excited to go to the Africa Centre Hong Kong for their Ethiopian/Eritrean buffet dinner. It's not really a restaurant, so the event was more like a gathering of several parties at a private kitchen. Everyone introduced themselves at the beginning, but luckily there was no other forced socializing between groups.

I'm not too familiar with African food in general, and I've never had Ethiopian or Eritrean food before. But everything on the menu was really tasty, with the lentils and beef probably the most flavorful. I also liked the chicken stew, which included hard-boiled eggs.

To drink, I got a pineapple ginger juice, which was quite refreshing. However, the ginger flavor was quite pungent, so I wouldn't recommend it to people who don't like ginger. Next time, I'd try the other option, which was a beautiful purple hibiscus drink. 

Plate of Ethiopian food including flatbread, chicken stew, lentils, collard greens; pumpkin soup; pineapple juice

Comments

Popular Posts