Cookie butter cookies

 White plate filled with homemade cookie butter cookies

For Christmas, one of my gifts was a jar of cookie butter from the US. However, I already had an unopened jar of cookie butter from my favorite little grocery store, Prizemart, which had been in the cabinet for some time. I'd bought it but never got around to trying it.

So I decided it was time to use up some of it, preferably in one go rather than eating it bit by bit on toast or something like that. Although it seems a bit ironic, I actually made cookie butter cookies, which use cookie butter in place of regular butter.

Perhaps because my cookie butter wasn't super fresh, or maybe the European style has a different consistency, it seemed drier than described in the recipe. So, I only used 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons flour in the dough and left out the cornstarch, as I didn't want the cookies to be too dry. I also rolled the dough into a log before refrigerating, then sliced before baking.

Overall, I think the cookies turned out well and they taste pretty much like cookie butter. They're also a bit like an easy version of gingersnaps or gingerbread, so perhaps I'll make them again with my second jar of cookie butter as well.

Comments

Popular Posts