Pecan pie cheesecake

 Pecan cream cheese pie in a glass pie dish

I've already written about the pecan pie I made before Christmas with a boxed pie crust. However, I only needed half of the box mix, so I used the remaining half to make another pecan dessert this spring. It was a pecan pie cheesecake, which consisted of three parts: pie crust covered first with a cheesecake layer, with a pecan pie layer on top of that. 

It was only after I started making the recipe that I realized it called for both white corn syrup and white sugar, rather than the brown sugar that's usually in a pecan pie. Still, I followed it as written, except that I added a couple of glugs of whiskey into the pecan pie mixture along with the vanilla for good measure.

Overall, the pie turned out really well, though it may have oozed over the edge of the pan slightly when baking. However, as much as I do like both cheesecake and pecan pie, I think I may actually prefer them separately rather than combined into one dessert.

Comments

Popular Posts