Emergency Lunch

Last year when I worked at St. Paul's Co-educational College Primary School, we were not allowed to leave the school campus for lunch. Therefore, we all had to bring lunch with us each day. As the year went on, though, most of us got into the habit of keeping an emergency lunch on hand, just in case we forgot to bring food to work one day.

Most people chose to keep a Chinese- or Japanese-style Ramen noodle pot in their desks. I, however, became very fond of this Japan-made instant tomato soup with pasta. Actually, I would bring it for lunch now and then on purpose. And tonight, after a busy weekend away in Shenzhen, I ate this tasty soup for dinner.

It is not the best soup or pasta you will ever eat. But, for instant food, it's pretty good. The tomato soup is creamy and not too salty (though I'm sure the amount of sodium in it is not good for us). And after four minutes in hot water, the pasta is cooked and ready to eat. Yum!

Comments

Popular Posts