Baking Broccoli

My stepmom is not the most enthusiastic cook in the world, but she does know her way around a kitchen. When I was at home over Christmas, she cooked my favorite chicken casserole along with a really delicious new broccoli side dish. Debbie (my stepmom) got the recipe from her sister, who found it online.

I didn't think to copy down the specifics while I was at home, but I knew enough to guide my search on the Food Network's website. I found this recipe from the Barefoot Contessa and knew that it was pretty much what I was looking for. It's a great spin on broccoli with cheese that has lots of flavor and a warm, wintry feel.

So, yesterday I cooked dinner for David and myself and made this roasted broccoli to go on top of pasta and cream sauce. Actually, I made it as roasted broccoli and mushrooms, just to get a little more veggies in. It turned out very well, even in my little toaster oven, though I think I was a little heavy-handed with the lemon juice/zest.

Comments

Popular Posts