When Life Gives You Lemons

Photo courtesy of www.Tasteofhome.com

I am not normally much of a lemon person when it comes to dessert. I much prefer chocolate- or berry-flavored foods. My stepfather, Warren, on the other hand, would love to eat lemon meringue pie and other citrusy sweets any day. But today, for some reason, I thought a light lemon cake would be just the thing to make for dessert.

Because I don't have a large oven that could properly cook a full-sized cake, I decided making a lemon quick bread would be easier to manage. At first, all I could find were recipes that used buttermilk or sour cream, but after some searching I saw this one from Taste of Home. It was easy to prepare, and it turned out beautifully.

The lemon-sugar glaze really gives it an extra lemony, sugary burst. I should have made more, however, as I baked my bread in a pie plate, rather than a loaf pan. And as I have an insatiable sweet tooth, I made a bit of icing from powdered sugar and water to go on top. Gilding the lemon lily!


Comments

Popular Posts