Oh Food!

Photo courtesy openrice.com

Since mid-February, some friends and I have been meeting for weekly dinners at restaurants that are new to us. Each week, a different person chooses a place, and then anyone who can make it attends. Last night, we all ate at Oh Food Arabic Halal Cuisine in Wan Chai, and it was delicious.

However, I was so hungry that I had eaten half my food before I remembered that I wanted to photograph it first for blogging purposes--oops! To begin with, we shared hummus ($20 HK), which was nice, though they didn't provide enough pita bread for dipping, in my opinion. The other starters on the menu, especially the tabbouleh salad, also looked worth ordering.

My main course was mutton kebabs--spiced mincemeat shaped into sausage-like links--with Arabic rice ($80). The meat was served in a tomato-based sauce with onions and a little corn; it was tasty, but rather heavy on the tomato paste. I tasted David's chicken shawarma, and it was good, too. The main meat courses can also be ordered as wraps, which are a bit cheaper ($50).

And for dessert, I was greedy and ordered a piece of apple-raisin crumble ($20), which was warm, sweet and buttery. On the wall menu, it was pictured with milk curd (something that looked like vanilla pudding/custard), but sadly it must be ordered separately. Perhaps I will try it next time!

Comments

Popular Posts