Dinner Just for Two

I am proud to say that, for the first time in a long time, I cooked dinner for two people on Friday night, and there were no leftovers! I tried really hard to make just the right amount, and I did! I find it is difficult because different people don't eat the same amount and somehow things always seem to grow inside the pot...

Using part of my second roll of summer sausage, I made a cajun-inspired dish that was fairly quick and easy, and also pretty delicious. And, I even got David to eat beans, which are not his favorite.

I sauteed onion and cherry tomatoes, then added some dried red pepper. Then, I added some kidney beans and cubed summer sausage. I combined everything with cooked rice to make a red beans and rice-esque dish.

In retrospect, I wish I had also included a bell pepper, but perhaps next time. I still have more than half of the sausage left!


Comments

Popular Posts