Lunch at King Ludwig's


Although I believe my last name is German in origin, I am not too familiar with German cuisine. I can only remember eating at one other German restaurant, which was in Iowa at an old-fashioned touristy village.

Recently I had lunch at King Ludwig Beerhall in Tsim Sha Tsui with a friend. The restaurant is in a bit of an odd location, away from the main eating areas in TST, but it was quite easy to find from the MTR.

We ordered a salad topped with sauteed mushrooms and one of the house specialties, pork knuckle (listed on the menu as for 1-2 persons) to share. I have no idea how one person could eat the entire pork knuckle, but I can see why they'd want to.

At first, the thought of pork knuckle, which I'd never eaten before, sounded rather icky, but I thought I should try it. And it was absolutely delicious! I cut the meat away from the crispy skin and the layer of fat underneath, and it was very tender and flavorful.

The small side of sauerkraut and roasted potatoes was also good, as was the salad. It was a very enjoyable lunch, though I suppose not the most economical, at about $200 each.

Comments

Popular Posts