My First Cronut


Thanks to the Internet, I have heard about the cronut craze in different cities back in the US. I didn't realize that they were also available in Hong Kong, however, until I read this article in Sassy Hong Kong.

I was recently in IFC Mall with a friend, and we decided to stop by Petite Amanda, one of the bakeries mentioned in the Sassy article. I was excited to try a cronut, especially because Hong Kong is quite lacking in regular donuts.

Petite Amanda offered a choice of plain, chocolate or strawberry 'croissant doughnuts' in their glass case. They were one of the cheapest things in the shop, too, at $18 or $19 HK.

Of course, I had to choose the chocolate one. It had chocolate frosting and sprinkles on top, with a chocolate cream filling inside. The cronut itself was nice, though it was really more croissant than donut -- quite crispy and flaky.

Would I buy one again? Perhaps. Although I think I would rather try the other cronuts on the list, in hopes that one would be even more donut-like.

Comments

Popular Posts