Veggie & Ale Pie


After being in England, I was very interested to try making my own pie or pasties, but I thought pie would be a bit easier. And, I had some butter to use up anyway. I found a recipe for a double crust pie, though I don't have a rolling pin and used a plastic water bottle instead!

As usual, I opted for a vegetarian pie and made my own filling recipe with potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and onions. I used some Tsingtao stout beer (because it was half the price of Guinness) to make a heartier sauce, and also added a bit of Marmite for flavor.

Despite the rather sad appearance of the pie crust, it turned out quite flaky and delicious, and didn't get too soggy as leftovers either. The filling of the pie was also yummy, especially with a bit of ketchup on the side.




Comments

Popular Posts