I wish they all could be California burgers


As we drove through southern California, we saw several cute restaurants of the chain Ruby's Diner. There was even one at the end of the pier in Huntington Beach! We ate at the one in San Juan Capistrano, but we chose outside seating, which was not as cute as the indoor diner style.


The highlight of the meal was my enormous chocolate chip cookie dough milkshake. Not only did I get the full milkshake glass, but in the old-fashioned way, they brought the mixer cup, which was about half full of extra milkshake. It was delicious!


Because I wanted to gorge on a big milkshake, we decided to share a plate of sliders, which were topped with onions and cheese. Although there was a bit too much mayo, they made a very yummy lunch.


Of course, the chain In-N-Out Burger was also a definite must-eat during my time in southern California. Actually, it was our 'last supper' of the trip, the night before we went to the airport to fly home. 


We ordered two cheeseburgers and fries, but unfortunately I said yes to onions on the burger. I thought they would be cooked, but they were raw and quite pungent. Otherwise, the food was good and the chocolate milkshake was yummy, too.

Comments

Popular Posts