LA Farmers Market


The first foodie stop on my recent southern California trip was the LA Farmers Market. Although we got a bit lost on the way there (by selecting 3rd Avenue instead of 3rd Street on the GPS), it was definitely worth the extra driving.

However, the farmers market seems to be less market and more restaurants. There are a few shops where you can buy produce and meat, as well as several for baked goods and sweets, but the majority are places to eat. Not that I'm complaining, of course.

Although there were many appealing places, like barbecue and Mexican and Greek, we decided on Phil's Deli for lunch. I was excited to try the reuben sandwich, and it did not disappoint. In fact, it was so big that I ate the other half for dinner! 


As regular readers of my blog know, donuts are not a food item that Hong Kong excels in. So, I was very happy to see this store! I was stuffed from lunch, but bought two donuts to go.


I ate my iced chocolate cake donut later in the day as a snack. The next morning, I tackled this beautiful M&M cake donut creation. Yum!


I also got some snacks at Magee's House of Nuts, which even The Beatles tried many years ago, according to the framed thank-you note on display. The shop makes its own nut butters, so I bought a peanut butter blend with coconut and dried fruit in it. I also got some sweet popcorn with nuts, which I haven't tried yet but looks amazing.


Comments

Popular Posts