My First Fish Tacos + Little Italy


Like Texas, California is known for its Mexican food, and I made a point to eat it several times during our trip. The first time was at lunch in the Old Town San Diego state park at a nice open-air restaurant.


My mom had the carnitas pork (top), but I decided I would try fish tacos for the first time ever. They've always sounded weird to me, being a Midwestern girl. However, they were very tasty, with nice white cheese and sauce, plus cabbage and tomatoes. 


There is also a Little Italy in San Diego, and of course we visited it at dinner time. I stuffed myself on yummy pasta with Italian sausage, tomatoes, olives and capers, but the dessert counter at the restaurant was too amazing to pass up. I got a small fig cookie as well as a piece of scrumptious lemon meringue cheesecake to go!


Comments

Popular Posts