Homemade Veggie Tacos


Last weekend, I had a craving for Mexican food. So I decided to make homemade (vegetarian) tacos, which I have never done before.

I even tried to make these corn tortillas, but they weren't the biggest success. When I was a reporter, I remember watching a Hispanic woman making tortillas like it was the simplest thing in the world, just patting the dough with her hands and shaping it into discs.

But, the dough I made wouldn't stick together at all. I think the cornmeal I bought was not finely ground enough. So, I added a lot of regular flour and rolled out the tortillas like pie crust. They turned out okay but not great, a little bit thicker than normal.

The fillings, however, were fantastic. For the main part, I added a taco seasoning pack to diced onion, red chili, tomato and kidney beans, all fried together. Then I roasted diced zucchini and corn to go on top. Yum!

Comments

Popular Posts