Let's Talk Turkey


Last year for a friend's Christmas dinner party, I successfully cooked a turkey breast in my little toaster oven. So this year, we decided to get one for Thanksgiving and do the same, as turkey is a fairly important part of the meal.

At Jason's in Causeway Bay, I found a frozen turkey breast for HK $280 (almost US $40). At the basic local supermarkets like Wellcome and Park 'n' Shop, there were whole turkeys at similar prices I think. However, they wouldn't fit in a toaster oven!

Anyway, I defrosted the turkey overnight in dripping water in the sink. Then, I loosely followed this recipe from Ina Garten to season the turkey with salt, pepper, rosemary, parsley, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil.

The turkey cooked in just under 3 hours, and it turned out well, not too dry. And as you can see, it was a nice addition to the roasted vegetables, salad, broccoli cheese casserole and many other yummy sides!



Comments

Popular Posts