Brilliant Birthday Treats


Birthdays always involve some cake or dessert, but this year my birthday was especially full of sweet treats. David gave me a brownie cookie cake from Mrs. Field's. It's the closest thing we have to Great American Cookie Co. and of course is more expensive.


My sweet colleagues at Marshall Cavendish bought me four individual cakes from Arome, a Japanese-style bakery. The pretty heart cake was raspberry with pistachio on the inside, and the mango eclair made a great breakfast! I also had a rich chocolate mousse and a white chocolate cake.


Some people in my Cantonese class found out it was my birthday and brought me a surprise after our break time. They got me an amazing ice cream sundae from Oddies, which had chocolate sauce, passion fruit panna cotta, cookie crumbs and a full gai daan zai (egg puff) on top!


Comments

Popular Posts