Cabbage and Noodles


It seems like it's been quite a while since I wrote a blog about my own cooking, though I do fix dinner at least a few nights a week. However, the things I usually make have already been featured here.

Recently, I saw a post on Instagram about Hungarian or Polish style noodles with cabbage. I was intrigued, as cabbage is not something I would normally think of serving with pasta.

So, I tried this recipe, though of course I didn't follow it exactly. I used canola spread instead of butter because it was in the fridge. Plus, I added carrots and then cottage cheese at the end, after I saw someone mention it in the comments.

I was worried this dish would be rather bland, and it isn't very spicy or seasoned. However, it is warming and has a nice buttery, peppery taste. I think it is definitely improved with the addition of cheese, but really, what isn't?

Comments

Popular Posts