Roasted Veggies with Cranberry Quinoa


Recently, I have been feeling more creative and adventurous when I cook. I guess I want to make sure I don't get bored of anything, but still eat healthy and delicious food.

I don't make quinoa very often, and I think the last time I did, David didn't really like it. However, I read that the red type tastes milder, so it seemed worth trying. Plus, it is full of protein, which is great for semi-vegetarians like myself.

In searching for vegetarian quinoa dishes, I found this recipe, which is probably a salad more suited for fall or winter. However, it sounded like a great starting point, and I had sweet potatoes to use up as well!

So, I roasted sweet potatoes with cumin and cinnamon, as well as salt, pepper and oil. I also roasted celery, as it's one of David's favorites. Then I made the quinoa with vegetable broth and a small can of coconut milk, with some Chinese greens and dried cranberries added at the end. It was fantastic!

Comments

Popular Posts