Mid-Missouri Eats 2015


There are many great places to eat in Columbia, but we frequently go to Flat Branch Pub & Brewing. Their salads, sandwiches and famous 'chokes and cheese' dip are all great. This time, I got the southwestern chicken salad, which I enjoyed, mainly because of the 'salsa ranch' dressing and plentiful olives.


The 5 & 50 Drive-In has been in Tipton since before I was born, though it is no longer owned by our family friend. Their burgers, though perhaps basic, are one of my childhood favorites. They also have amazing fried cheese balls, hot fudge sundaes and marshmallow cherry Pepsi. However, these delicacies are not always available, as they close during the winter.


Little Big Horn Cattle Company is a restaurant in Sedalia that was new to me, though it has actually been there for a while. Their dinner meals all come with tons of food: large portions of meat, multiple sides, etc. I chose the 'small' quarter slab of ribs, but even so, I was stuffed afterwards!


Kansas City isn't really in Mid-Missouri, but nevertheless we ate barbecue at Q39 in Westport. It was very good, though we probably should've tried a more famous place like Arthur Bryant's or Gates. You certainly know you're in America when you order a 3-meat platter to share between 2 and the waiter asks if you're not very hungry!

Comments

Popular Posts