Southwest Missouri Eats 2015

Part 1: Springfield



It's likely that the first (American-style) Mexican food I ever ate was at Mexican Villa in Sprinfield. Unlike most other Mexican places, the salsa isn't great, but the rest of the food is amazing. I went through a phase of loving their huge burritos, but their hard shell tacos with ground beef filling can't be beat.


One of the places I really wanted to go when I was home was Aunt Martha's Pancake House, which is/was actually run by one of my mom's high school classmates. Sadly, it was closed when we went, so we ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel instead. There were almost more blueberries than pancakes, yum!

Part 2: Branson


 

We also ate breakfast at the popular Billy Gail's Cafe in Branson. I've heard about it for quite a while, but had never tried it. The biscuits and gravy were tasty, but next time I will try the pancakes, which were so huge that they hung over the edge of the plate!


Last year I met my friends for dinner at Florentina's Ristorante Italiano. When we couldn't decide where to eat this time, we decided to go back. I ordered the spinach-stuffed manicotti, which was smothered in marinara and alfredo sauces. It was very rich but of course delicious.

Comments

Popular Posts