Peru on the Palate, Part 2


In Puno, we went for dinner at a tourist-style restaurant, which included choices from a set menu plus entertainment. There was traditional music and dancing while we ate. For my first course, I chose avocado salad, which was amazing as you can see!


There was no vegetarian main course, so I figured I should try alpaca, rather than chicken or fish. Although it was presented very nicely, I can't say that it tasted amazing. I asked for medium, but it was more like medium-well, which didn't help I'm sure.


Dessert was banana slices in sweetened condensed milk. Nice and healthy, though not exactly chocolate ...


The next day we went to the beautiful Taquile Island in Lake Titicaca. After walking up a hill to a village and along a path through little farms, we ate lunch at another restaurant for tourists. First, we had delicious quinoa soup with vegetables.


I chose trout from Lake Titicaca for my main course, instead of omelet. It was very tasty, though with a few sneaky bones inside. The side dishes were a bit lackluster and rather room temperature, however.


To drink, we tried a special tea made from herbs grown on the island. It was very nice and a bit like peppermint tea.

Comments

Popular Posts