Hot Chocolate Pudding Pie


This past winter I bought a large container of Cadbury drinking chocolate powder. However, it was never very cold for most of the winter, so I didn't drink much of it.

Although I suppose hot chocolate mix doesn't really go bad, I have been thinking of different ways to use it up. When I saw graham cracker pie crusts on sale at the grocery store this weekend, I decided it was the perfect opportunity to try chocolate pudding made with cocoa mix.

I followed this recipe from The Food Network, but replaced the chocolate and sugar with the Cadbury mix (whisked in with the eggs, rather than in the milk). Unfortunately, I got slightly distracted while cooking the pudding, and it got slightly lumpy.

Otherwise, I'd say it turned out quite well. Perhaps the filling could be slightly sweeter or more chocolatey, but it tastes good and quite a bit like hot chocolate. It would be even better with whipped cream on top, but I will forgo any extras as I'll be eating the whole pie myself anyway ...

Comments

Popular Posts