Pastry, Pizza and more in Portland


Before going to Portland, I made a list of a few restaurants to try, including pizza and Mexican food. We didn’t have time to try all the places I found, but we at least got to one in each category.

First we went to Sizzle Pie, a local pizza chain. They were having trouble with their credit card machine and the order line wasn’t moving very fast, so they gave us free sodas! We got 2 small pizzas to share, along with an order of garlic knots. I was worried it wouldn’t be enough food for 4 people, but it was just right and very tasty.


After exploring downtown another day, we headed to Cha Cha Cha! for a Mexican lunch. I couldn’t decide what to order, but finally settled on a tempeh plate. Of course tempeh isn’t authentic Mexican, but it’s a veggie option I’m not too familiar with. I’m not sure tempeh is my new favorite meat alternative, but it was okay and the accompaniments were great.


Of course, we couldn’t visit Portland without trying the famous Voodoo Doughnut. They had many amazing (and huge!) doughnut variations, but the cake doughnuts (my favorite) were more manageable. I chose one covered in M&Ms, and it was yummy. David got the Old Dirty Bastard topped with Oreos, chocolate and peanut butter. It was great and made me wonder why more peanut butter doughnuts don’t exist!

Comments

Popular Posts