Vegetarian Hominy Stew


Earlier this year we went to a specialty American supermarket in Central. Unfortunately, a lot of the items were jumbo sized (like at Sam's or Costco) and also expensive, but we did get a couple of treats including canned hominy and green chilies.

It had been ages since I'd eaten hominy, and David had never tried it before. I decided to use it in a Mexican-style soup or stew. For a while, I considered a variation on white chili. But then I decided a tomato-based vegetarian version would be better.

I modified a recipe for hominy chowder to use white beans rather than corn, so perhaps my soup was something like a vegetarian posole. Adding lime juice really gave it another great layer of flavor. It was very tasty when served with warm homemade cornbread.

Comments

Popular Posts