Orange Oatmeal Cake


I received a lot of positive feedback on the cheesecake I made earlier this year (both from people who ate it and those who wished they'd eaten it). So I planned to try some type of cheesecake bars as my next baking project.

However, after checking four grocery stores nearby, I couldn't find any cream cheese. But I did have some clementines that needed to be eaten and lots of oats, so I decided to try an orange oatmeal cake.

I found this recipe from culinary legend Ruth Reichl. Though I've never made any of her dishes before, it certainly seemed like it should be good.

And it was, despite my many modifications. I didn't include nuts but added raisins (which all sank towards the bottom). For the icing, I melted orange and ginger marmalade (leftover from Christmas baking) and then added shredded coconut and orange rind.

Comments

Popular Posts