Coconut Flapjack Fiasco



When I made a banana coconut cream pie earlier this year, I accidentally bought too much coconut. Although I considered making macaroons, I thought I'd try coconut oat flapjacks instead. (For any non-Brits, flapjacks are basically homemade dessert granola bars full of oats and honey goodness.)

This was the first time I'd made flapjacks, so I found a recipe from the UK's National Trust that included coconut. However, it must be a recipe they actually use at National Trust properties because it was rather industrial-sized proportions. I made a half recipe and still ended up filling both my circular glass pie dish and my 8x11 inch glass baking pan!

Unfortunately, I think I may have miscalculated some of the conversions from grams to cups, or made some errors when halving the ingredients. My flapjacks didn't stick together as bars but crumbled into very delicious muesli. It definitely wasn't what I was going for, but still tasted pretty great over yogurt or ice cream.

Comments

Popular Posts