Omakase at Sushi Kou

Before the fourth wave of coronavirus hit Hong Kong, my colleagues and I went to Sushi Kou for an omakase style team lunch. We were all seated along the sushi bar, with a front-row view of the chefs as they prepared each course.

With the 12-piece sushi set, each piece was prepared and served individually. Although the chef did tell us the type of fish as he served each one, there were some that I didn't quite recognize. I don't remember them all now anyway, but I did take a complete set of photos.

My favorite was probably the last piece, the hand roll topped with gold leaf. I didn't really like the sea urchin because the texture was quite mushy, but I know it's very popular among Hong Kongers. A couple of the sushi pieces used smoked fish, which was very tasty.


In addition to sushi, the set included a salad, a steamed egg cup and miso soup. We also got yuzu ice cream for dessert, though I was very full and could've done without. Although I was a bit nervous about not knowing what I was eating, I enjoyed the omasake experience overall and would be glad to try it again (especially if the company is paying!).










Comments

Popular Posts