Fig Oatmeal Bars

 

When I saw fresh figs on sale at the supermarket earlier this year, I couldn't resist buying them. I wasn't exactly sure what I'd do with them, but I knew I could find a tasty recipe online. After a quick search, I decided to try these fig oatmeal bars. (I totally forgot I'd made breakfast bars with fig jam several years ago!)

Instead of coconut oil (which I didn't have), I used canola oil in my version. I also added one overripe plum into the fig mixture just to use it up. But otherwise I followed the recipe exactly, and they turned out really well.

The oatmeal dough was quite thick and not easily spreadable, but tasted great after baking. The fig filling was like a fancier version of the centers of Fig Newtons, which was really delicious. I look forward to finding more discounted figs so I can make this again soon!

Comments

Popular Posts