Cherry quick bread with chocolate chips

glass baking pan of cherry bread with chocolate chips

I have never thought of February as being cherry season, but fresh cherries have been fairly plentiful and reasonably priced in supermarkets earlier this year. To use some of my cherries, I decided to add them into a quick bread.

I've never used cherries this way before, but I followed this recipe for cherry bread with chocolate chips. My only change was to use yogurt instead of buttermilk (as I already had it in the fridge). I also used a baking dish instead of a loaf pan because I don't have a loaf pan.

Normally, the quick bread recipes I make don't include milk or yogurt, which I prefer as it keeps things simpler (and cheaper). However, this time I had yogurt on hand, and I was glad to learn from Bob's Red Mill that it's a good substitute for buttermilk. Will definitely keep that in mind for the future.

This cherry bread turned out very well, though it baked much quicker in the flatter pan. It wasn't too sweet, but had lots of flavor due to the cherries and chocolate. Yum!

cut squares of cherry bread with chocolate chips in a glass baking pan

Comments

Popular Posts