Lunch at Long Island

Basket of french fries and mixed fried seafood (calamari, shrimp, scallops, salmon)

Last month, I went to Cheung Sha beach on Lantau Island with a few friends. We'd planned to eat lunch at Bathers, but accidentally made a booking for the wrong day. Luckily, there were tables available at Long Island next door. Even better, we got to sit next to the beach.

Glass of iced lemon tea on a table with the beach in the background

Although I typically order vegetarian food, I was actually the only one of four people who ordered a non-veggie meal. For a full seaside holiday feeling, I got the mixed deep-fried seafood basket with calamari, shrimp, scallops, salmon and fries. I wasn't mad on the fried salmon but everything else was fantastic!

The others very much enjoyed their vegetarian curries and burger. (A few weeks later, I also got the veggie burger but forgot to take a photo). To drink I got a plain (non-long island) iced lemon tea, though the cocktail list was also quite extensive.

Two wild cows walking along Cheung Sha beach

After eating, we walked to a more remote part of the beach and were later joined by two cows taking a stroll in search of the beachside grasses. As we left the beach, we also saw several more cows soaking up the afternoon sun. A nice change from city life!

Comments

Popular Posts