Vegetarian cabbage casserole

 cabbage casserole in roasting pan

I was really interested when I read this cabbage casserole recipe in The Washington Post earlier this year. I wanted to try it, but of course preferred a vegetarian version without the sausage. As a substitute, I used shredded tofu fried with Worcestershire sauce, fried mushrooms and some white beans. 

The vegetarian version was yummy, though I suppose not quite as salty/savory as one with sausage. David said it tasted very "brown" I suppose due to the stir-frying, ha!

To go with the casserole, I made fried potatoes and actually tried to follow a recipe for once. Unfortunately, the potatoes seemed to stick to the bottom of the pan and got rather brown. However, they still tasted good and went well with the casserole.

Comments

Popular Posts