Paneer butter masala

Bowl of paneer butter masala over rice, topped with spring onion
 

Early on in the pandemic, I made a recipe for saag paneer using tofu instead of Indian cheese. More recently, I've seen paneer in U-Select on a semi-regular basis and I even found some that was marked down. So I decided it was time to try paneer butter masala.

Because I was making the recipe with real cheese, I decided I would go all out and actually blend the sauce (usually I don't because it's just an extra step). It did result in a smoother and creamier curry, and the cheese of course was very tasty as well. Yum!

Next time, I wonder if I could blend all the ingredients before cooking. Then it's a bit easier to handle, and you don't need to wait for them to cool off. I guess it's worth a try!

Dutch oven on the stove containing paneer butter masala

Comments

Popular Posts