Ho-hum Ooha

Ooha ad on a glass fridge door

Almost anywhere you look in Hong Kong these days, you can see an advertisement of some kind featuring one or more of the members of the boy band Mirror. I'm a big fan of member Anson Lo, and his latest ad campaign is for a new soft drink called Ooha.  

There are three types of Ooha drinks, launched by Swire Coca-Cola in Hong Kong. So far, I've tried the yuzu & sea salt flavor, which had a nice citrus taste but wasn't really salty at all. Perhaps I'll try the other flavors, peach & oolong tea and lychee lactic, someday.

However, when I first heard about these drinks, I thought they were going to be Hong Kong-style sparkling waters similar to La Croix. (The English description says "flavored sparkling" and of course I can't read the Chinese). 

So I was very disappointed to find that they're actually just sugar-free sodas, which still taste quite sweet. At least we can also buy La Croix and Schweppes lime flavored soda water in some stores here, too!

Comments

Popular Posts