No-yeast cinnamon rolls

Round glass pan of glazed cinnamon rolls

Last year over the holidays, I tried to make cinnamon rolls in the slow cooker. However, my yeast was old and they were not a success, as I've written about here.  

This year, I actually tried to make the same recipe again. My yeast was in the freezer, so I thought it would be fine. But after adding it to the warm milk, it still didn't get frothy like it was supposed to. (It's possible the milk was too hot, however).

As a last resort, I decided to try these no-yeast cinnamon rolls from The New York Times. They were fairly easy to make, though I used regular milk + vinegar instead of buttermilk. Although the texture was still a bit different to real cinnamon rolls, the expected flavors were all there and the pecans were a great addition to the filling. Yum!

Comments

Popular Posts