Parsnips, Sage, A-roastin' Time

I ate a parsnip for the first time this summer on my trip to England. The slightly sweet flavor of the root was very pleasant, so I was eager to try this recipe when I found it in the September issue of "Relish" magazine. For a little more color, I added some baby carrots along with the parsnips, and it made a tasty vegetable dish to accompany some leftover honey-baked ham.

Roasted Parsnips

4 to 5 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into large sticks (about 2 1/2 cups)
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Coarsely ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

2. Toss together all ingredients except mint and sage. Roast 30 minutes, or until tender. Sprinkle herbs over parsnips and toss. Serves 4.

Comments

Popular Posts