Scrumptious Sausage

Despite the fact that I love to eat summer sausage by itself with crackers (see previous post), I decided to try to cook with it as well. After all, I have 2 rolls of it, so I can cook with it AND eat it plain. At first, I thought I would make a pasta dish with summer sausage and cherry tomatoes and maybe some greens.

Then, I realized that I also had potatoes that needed to be eaten before they grew roots. I pictured combining the two ingredients together to create a hearty autumnal dish similar to the giant skillet fare from Silver Dollar City (the pioneer-themed amusement park in my hometown of Branson, Mo.).

Photo courtesy la-foodie.com


However, it appears that other people do not like to cook dishes like these, as I found surprisingly few recipes on Food Network and the Johnsonville sausage website. But, who needs a recipe?!

In the end, I roasted potatoes, pumpkin, mushrooms, onion and garlic in the toaster oven. I boiled some green beans on the stove, and then combined everything together with the sausage in one pot to serve. Yum!


Comments

Popular Posts