Ma's Restaurant

There's a Chinese restaurant just a block or so from our apartment that my friends and I have eaten at (or ordered takeout from) for the past few years, and yet I've never written a blog about it. Ma's Restaurant is a bit different because it's owned by Chinese Muslims and is halal.

The owner at Ma's is an older man who is very friendly and speaks English fairly well. There is also a young man, possibly his son, whose English is good. But of course, they have an English menu, too.

Ma's is a good place to go for sharing food, though they have some dishes that serve one person. I usually get the vegetarian fried noodles for just myself. I've also had their sweet and sour chicken, which was pretty yummy, if not healthy.

When I went recently with two other girls, we ordered four things: vegetable curry, fried tofu, vegetable fried rice and pop poms, a tortilla-pancake-roti like bread. Everything was very tasty, though the curry sauce was a bit too spicy/oily and not quite creamy enough.




Comments

Popular Posts