The Savory Side of Christmas 2014

And now for more food highlights from Christmas vacation in Missouri ...


As I'm surrounded by Brits, I am quite accustomed to using the word biscuits to mean cookies nowadays. However, I was very excited to eat a breakfast of real biscuits and gravy, with a side of tasty fried apples, from Cracker Barrel.


My favorite thing to order at Addison's in downtown Columbia is the nachos. All their food is good, but the nachos can't be beat. This time, I noticed that they now have a pulled pork variety, but I couldn't be tempted away from my usual with black beans.


In Sedalia, there is a restaurant called Kehde's Barbecue, which is partly in an old railway car! The inside still has the train's bench seats, which are now booths, and they've even kept the luggage shelf above your head.


I've never been to Kehde's before, so I probably should've ordered a sandwich to really taste the barbecue. But I was too intrigued by the 'posh potato': a baked potato with burnt ends, two types of cheese and sour cream. It was great!

Comments

Popular Posts