There's No Place Like Home Kitchen


A new Western-style cafe called Home Kitchen has opened up just a few blocks from our apartment. It reminds me very much of cafes I've been to in the rest of Asia (e.g., Taiwan, Japan, South Korea).

When we went yesterday for lunch, we were seated immediately, even though it is a small place. We got to sit by the front window in a bright green wicker table and chairs!

There are several different parts to the restaurant's menu, including all-day breakfast, appetizers, lunch sets and a variety of coffee and tea drinks. David got an order of cheesy fries, and I chose a smaller breakfast because I wasn't very hungry.

Although my meal looked rather different than the picture on the menu (which showed at least two slices of toast), it was still quite good. I especially liked the cooked spinach, which was sauteed in butter!


Comments

Popular Posts