Gaddi's 4-Course Feast


As a wedding present, my colleagues at APAO generously gave us a gift certificate to eat at Gaddi's, the French restaurant at The Peninsula hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui. This spring we used it one Sunday for a 4-course lunch, which was incredibly fancy and filling.

In fact, the lunch was more than 4 courses because we were also treated to a mushroom-shaped amuse bouche (consisting of pate and fruit jelly) and copious amounts of brioche, baguettes and ham pastries.


For the first course, I chose the vegetarian option, which was asparagus panna cotta with beets. Savory panna cotta was interesting and I do like the flavor of asparagus, though I think I prefer the dish served as a dessert.


The next course was chicken with pea risotto, which was delicious, although the meat still had the skin on and was slightly fatty. I was tempted to order the fish pie, but I changed my mind after the waiter warned me it was quite fishy in flavor.


For the main course, and definitely the highlight of the meal, I ordered the lamb, which was served atop a wonderful veggie couscous. Sometimes I think the flavor of lamb is too strong, but this was delicious and very tender. I also loved the couscous and would love to know the recipe!


For dessert, I couldn't resist the chocolate option, and it did not disappoint. However, it was very rich, literally, considering the gold leaf! Additionally, we got tea and house-made chocolates in delicious flavors like passion fruit, salted caramel, honey and more.

Comments

Popular Posts