Homemade Jackfruit Curry


When we went to Sri Lanka during the Easter holidays, we tried jackfruit curry for the first time. It was delicious and very unique, almost meaty in texture. After a bit of searching in small local grocery shops in Sham Shui Po, I found canned jackfruit and tried to make my own.

I used this recipe as reference, though I didn't follow it exactly (as always). Nevertheless, the jackfruit curry turned out very well, but it was a bit different than what we had in Sri Lanka. Next time I'll skip the coconut milk, as it made it quite rich and not so tangy.

In addition, I made yellow lentil curry using lentils I bought at a convenience store in Sri Lanka. As an extra treat, I used sour cream (on sale in the supermarket!), cucumber and paprika to make a raita-esque sauce that was a nice contrast to the spicy curry.


Comments

Popular Posts