Shake Shack Birthday Burgers


For my birthday, I decided to try Hong Kong's recently opened Shake Shack. As with any new trendy restaurant, there was a sizable line outside. However, it was very orderly and the staff even provided menus and water while we waited. Thankfully, we only had to wait about an hour, even though it was a Saturday night. 

My only previous experience with Shake Shack was a quick snack in the Dubai airport, so I was excited for a complete meal. Although I was tempted by the hot dog and crispy chicken sandwich, I ordered the deep fried portobello mushroom, which was by far the best mushroom burger I've ever had.

The cheese fries were also delicious and had a fairly good ratio of sauce to fries. My black and while milkshake (made with vanilla frozen custard and chocolate syrup) was very tasty, but I'd recommend the full chocolate version for serious chocoholics.

Next time, I'll have Shake Shack for lunch so I can order the milk tea milkshake! Or perhaps I'll get one of the unique concretes only available in Hong Kong, which feature egg tarts, tropical fruits and French toast. Luckily, we don't live too close, otherwise I might indulge in creamy frozen custard too frequently!

Comments

Popular Posts