Mushroom Tofu Stroganoff


A couple of years ago, I made creamy mushroom pasta that ended up tasting very much like a mushroom version of my mom's beef stroganoff. Recently, I had some sour cream and was inspired to try a mushroom and tofu stroganoff, based on two different recipes (click here and here).

During the cooking process, I accidentally misread the instructions for how to fry the tofu. Instead of coating it in paprika, I used cornstarch. However, this still resulted in a nice crust on the outside of the tofu (though it tended to stick somewhat to the pan).

The second time I made this dish, I decided to be lazy and not fry the tofu. Instead, I baked it in slices seasoned with some Worcestershire sauce. As the tofu bakes, the sauce infuses into the tofu for good flavor.

In both cases, the final result was very tasty, and it also kept well in the fridge for leftovers. I will be sure to remember this dish whenever I find sour cream on sale!

Comments

Popular Posts